Our Summer Fair is now well established at Haling Dene, with plenty of room and excellent facilities. We have the use of the main hall, where display and sales tables are, as well as a nearby lounge where delicious light refreshments will be available. A large open terrace fitted with a canopy adjoins both these rooms, which we will also have the use of.
- We will be open from 12 noon until 4.30pm
- Admission is free
- There is plenty of free car parking space
- Our special exhibition this year will be an “A - Z of Old Hall”
- Club members will have a wide variety of Old Hall items for sale
- Numerous Old Hall catalogues, publications, etc will be on sale
- Harry Gardiner will be on hand to identify and value your Old Hall
- Paul Bakewell and Stan Harper will be available to answer your technical / production queries
- You can easily join the Old Hall club or renew your membership
- We are delighted that Robert Welch’s Archivist Charlie (Charlotte) Booth and PR Manager Lee Cox will be visiting us and will love to talk Robert Welch
- Bring along and leave with us any Old Hall items that you would like to have repolished and returned to you later
The Summer Fair is our main event of the year and is always a most interesting and enjoyable occasion, so be sure to do your best to come along....you won’t regret it!
Just across the road from Haling Dene is The Boat Inn, a pictureque canal-side pub serving an excellent range of main meals and snacks where you will be able to enjoy a relaxing lunch (telephone 01785 715170 or see www.theboatinn.org.uk for further details).
The Haling Dene Centre, Cannock Road, Penkridge, Stafford, ST19 5DT is a lovely Grade II listed building built in 1841 and set in charming grounds just a short distance from the centre of Penkridge.